Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Bring security to your data
Drive total protection of your sensitive data with the most comprehensive detection technologies and unified policies of Symantec’s industry leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
Implement DLP at the core of your Data Protection plan
Data privacy regulations, such as GDPR require you to ensure sensitive data is properly managed. Symantec DLP is configured to identify sensitive data (including that defined by GDPR) and uses a variety of advanced data detection techniques to identify data in many forms.
- Confidently identify regulated data, track its use, and location
- Protection policies allow you to block the flow of sensitive data
- Integrate with encryption and CASB technologies to protect email, removable media, individual files and data in the cloud
Secure data by wrapping automatic protection around it
When data leaves your organization and is shared widely, all is not lost. Symantec DLP will identify sensitive data and enable advanced protection, allowing you to:
- Control who can access data, even from unmanaged locations or devices
- Define what level of access a user has using digital rights management technology
- Monitor user access to sensitive data to identify risky behaviour or security compromise
- Revoke access to users, effectively digitally shredding a document
Single console and unified policy management for every channel – cloud, endpoints, storage, email and web
Business communication happens over an exhausting number of apps, devices and platforms. As companies look for ways to increase productivity and collaboration, they also increase the number of channels over which employees can leak or steal corporate data.
Symantec DLP can discover, monitor and protect sensitive data wherever it's used – in the office, on the road, or in the cloud. It gives you complete visibility and control across the broadest range of data loss channels: cloud apps, endpoints, data repositories, emails and web communications.
- Easily manage data loss policies and incidents across every channel – all from one powerful management console
- Offers flexible deployment options for any type of environment: on-premises, private cloud, hybrid cloud or public cloud
From data fingerprinting to machine learning, Symantec DLP accurately finds sensitive data in whatever guise it takes
Symantec DLP utilizes a combination of advanced technologies to accurately detect confidential data —whether it's at rest or in motion – and includes a variety of out-of-the-box policies (HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, etc.) to help enable compliance with lower effort.
- Vector Machine Learning (VML) learns and identifies intellectual property and other unstructured data that may difficult to describe such as financial documents, source code, etc.
- Sensitive Image Recognition (SIR) detects sensitive data embedded in forms and other images (scanned documents, screenshots and pictures) with built-in Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Exact Data Matching (EDM) identifies sensitive data by fingerprinting structured databases, e.g., "any customer name and their bank account number"
- Indexed Document Matching (IDM) applies fingerprinting to documents to detect sensitive content that may be partially reused elsewhere, e.g., in an email message
- Described Content Matching (DCM) looks for matches on regular expressions or patterns such as Social Security Number and credit card
- Data Classification – identifies files tagged as sensitive by users via Symantec Information Centric Tagging (ICT)